Family is the first priority in Canada. They take the reuniting parents with their grown children very seriously. The best way to enjoy this is through Canada’s Super Visa.
If you are a parent or grandparent, your eligibility for a Super Visa must come from your son or daughter who have the Canadian citizen and meet certain criteria. With that you are able to visit son or daughter, family in Canada for up to two years and the visa provides multiple entries for up to 10 years. This type of visa is different from tourist visa, where you can only visit you family for months at a time.
You need to know if you qualify for a Super Visa? Keep reading..
Super visa has specific requirements like other visa:
- You must be a parent or grandparent of someone that has a permanent resident of Canada or Canadian citizen.
- Your intentions must be of real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit.
- You must have a solid prove that your child or grandchild you are visiting meets a minimum income level..
- A letter must be written by your child or grandchild that he or she can support you during your visit.
- It is very important for you to have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year.
Another requirement to apply for a Canada Super Visa to visit your children or grandchildren also apply:
- You must apply live outside Canada to apply for Super Visa.
- You must be allowed to enter Canada
- Immigration medical exam is a must and;
- meet certain other conditions
I know many that are reading this and met all the requirements will be eager to know how they can apply for a Canada Super Visa?
Make all the supporting documentation you will need to apply ready.
You need to know which of the application to send, maybe it is a paper-based application or an online application.
It is strongly suggested that you apply online. Because
- No mail charge or mail delivery times concerned
- Online applications can be processed faster
- It is good to apply online to make sure your application is complete before sending it through
The Canada Super Visa process is a gradual procedure that requires a little patience. You can be checking your application status as you are doing it.
If you are from a nation that requires a visa, you will need to provide your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) once you apply.
If you are between the ages of 14 and 79, you will be asked to provide your fingerprints and photo (biometrics). To make your frequent journeys to Canada easier, you just need to provide your biometrics once every 10 years.
Biometrics charge must be paid when you are submit your application in order to avoid delay.
You will also need to find out how and where to give your biometrics in your area.
You would find the nearest biometrics collection site around you. You need to check which Canadian Visa Application Centers are open at your location.
If there is omitted information while your application is being processed, it will be sent back to you. And you will be asked to provide result of a medical exam, a police certificate, or to attend an interview with a Canadian official in your country. However, if this needs to happen you will be informed.